St. Boniface Cemetery

St. Boniface Cemetery, of Sharon, is located one mile east and one-fourth mile south, in NW1/4 22-32-10. Otto and
Mary Winter deeded the first acre on November 5, 1909, to John J. Hennesey, with the intent it become the St. Boniface Catholic Cemetery. Two additions have been deeded, on January 14, 1966, by W.B. and Mabel Landis; and June 13, 1978, by Donald J. and Jeanne Landis. Stones in the cemetery indicate J.H. Ricke was the first buried there,1907. Iron entrance gates at the Sharon Cemetery as well as this cemetery were given in memory of Ralph Owen, a local banker.
(Information from pages 28-29 of Chosen Land - A History of Barber County, Kansas ©1980)

© 2002 Ed Rucker for KSGen Web Project