The following history was taken from "The Harper County Story" by Gwendoline & Paul Sanders Copyright 1968, Library of Congress call number 68-54660, The Mennonite Press, Newton, KS
The town of Embry was located five miles east and one mile north of Anthony. The legal description is northeast one-fourth of section 23, and northwest one-fourth of section 24, township 33, south, range 6 west. The town was laid out in sixteen blocks being four blocks long and four blocks wide. Main Street extended north and south dividing the town equally. The town was located on the St. Louis, Fort Scott and Wichita Railroad. The post office was established December 5, 1885 and was discontinued November 5, 1889. The first postmaster was William F. Stocker. Nothing remains of the town today.
Click Here for the Town Plat Maps Page
Click Here for Pictures of this Town
Harper County KSGenWeb
Maintained by Harper County Genealogical Society as part of the KSGenWeb Project.
Material on this page is the property of the Society and all rights are reserved.
Should you find a link that does not work properly please notify the webmaster.