The following history was taken from "The Harper County Story" by Gwendoline & Paul Sanders Copyright 1968, Library of Congress call number 68-54660, The Mennonite Press, Newton, KS
Ruella, located on the Missouri Pacific Railroad now has only a small country elevator. The first postmaster was Branson Jackson, appointed July 17, 1884. The town was served by four passenger trains per day and there was a large depot with a platform as high as the passenger coaches. The was a store, blacksmith shop and several residences. The location of Ruella is west one-half of the southwest one-fourth, section 15, township 34, range 8 west. The post office closed May 31, 1889.
Click Here for the Town Plat Maps Page
Click Here for Pictures of this Town
Harper County KSGenWeb
Maintained by Harper County Genealogical Society as part of the KSGenWeb Project.
Material on this page is the property of the Society and all rights are reserved.
Should you find a link that does not work properly please notify the webmaster.