- Town changed name to SPEED. Platted town. Located in Section 24, Twp 5, Range 18. Located on all county maps. Town established March 28, 1895. Postmasters: Etta SUMMERS, March 28, 1895; Albert A. GREEN, September 14, 1897; Richard E. WEEKS, October 3, 1900; Wm. VEEH, May 26, 1916; Emilius R. BARBER, June 26, 1916; Elsie DROPPLEMAN, July 22, 1925; Mrs. Elsie WESTENHAVER, October 3, 1931; Mrs. Irene Mae SUTLEY, August 11, 1943.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library