- Established 21st January, 1884 as postoffice and store. Located in southeast corner of SE1/4 Section 25-5-16 . Shown on 1880 County Atlas. Postmasters: Charles E. WAKE, January 21, 1884; Walter W. SANFORD, May 10, 1887; Discontinued March 2, 1888.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library