- Established December 8, 1874. Platted as town on 1880 Atlas. Located in SW corner SW1/4 Section 32-5-18. On Rooks County line. Postmasters:George M. PAGE, December 8, 1874; Mary E. SAGLER, June 12, 1876; Syrus H. ROBBINS, March 15, 1877; Samuel HEBREW, Sr., August 3, 1877; Andrew MUIR, January 29, 1883; Evan HEBREW, September 28, 1883; Flora HEBREW, November 15, 1900; Discontinued August 31, 1905 .
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library