- Established 1870. Located: Location shown on 1873-1877 Military maps on Ft. Hays - Ft. Kearney Road- also on Express Route road east and west to Pikes Peak. Located S1/2 SW1/4 21-4-17. Store, blacksmith shop, elevator. Postmasters: John SCHECKLER, February 28, 1872; Jery TAYLOR, December 2, 1876; John W. KIDD, January 28, 1879. Discontinued April 4, 1881.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library